Hudson News

Home News Giving Back Happenings Congratulations to the Make a Difference Day Contest Winner Kimberleigh Taylor

November 3, 2017 | Giving Back, Happenings

Congratulations to the Make a Difference Day Contest Winner Kimberleigh Taylor

Her Story:  I currently volunteer my time trying to create a nonprofit organization to help families in need with the cost of formula. I’m the Director of the Friends Helping Friends Formula & Diaper Shelf in Hudson. It’s a new organization that started in June and went live September 1st. The need for formula is real. Only 17% of moms breastfeed to 1 year old, leaving 83% of families needing to use formulas at some point in the first year of their baby’s life. Every ounce of formula and every package of diapers are donated. 

The $500 from Hudson Physicians would help us with the cost becoming a registered nonprofit and also with the cost of specialty formulas. Diaper banks exist. Food shelves exist. Formula banks should exist too. And the cost of formula is more than what a lot of families can afford. We have already helped several families and will continue to do so as long as we have the means. #HudsonPhysicians #MakeADifferenceDay