December 1, 2015 | Happenings, Health Advice
Keeping Playtime Fun
The holidays are an exciting time, especially for your little ones. There are gifts to unwrap, goodies to eat and new toys to play with.
December is National Safe Toys and Gifts Month.
Keep your kiddos safe this holiday season with these helpful toy safety tips from the Department of Public Health.
- Check for safety labels that say the toy is nontoxic.
- Choose games that meet your child’s abilities, age, and interest.
- Search for products with the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) tag.
- Stay up to date with recent toy recalls.
- Remind your child to clean up after playtime to prevent accidents.
- Avoid toys with tiny parts if your child is under 3 years old.
- Examine toys for safety hazards, pointed edges, and broken pieces.
- Buy a small parts tester to make sure toys don’t pose a choking hazard.